Creamy curried chickpeas

A photo of creamy chickpea curry with broccoli in a bowl

Here it is, my first vegan recipe! I made this in the last few days and it was surprisingly delicious! Even my meat-eating family loved it, so that says something. Full disclosure, this was a concoction - amounts are estimates. You can use up any vegetables you like in this depending on what you have in your fridge, this is how I made it. But lets be clear, I'll be making this vegan chickpea curry again, and again, and again and again :)

Ingredients:
1 x red onion, diced
100g mushrooms (chopped or torn)
2 x tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 x 400g can drained chickpeas
Handful raw cashews
1 x carton coconut cream (I used blue dragon)
1 x tbsp tandoori curry powder
1 x tbsp tikka curry powder
1 x tsp cumin
1 x tsp garam masala
Salt and pepper

Method
1. Dice the onion and chop the mushroom, add to a saucepan with the olive oil and sautee until starting to caramalise.
2. Add the drained chickpeas, curry powders, cumin and garam masala, salt & pepper. Stir well and allow to absorb the flavour for a minute or so.
3. Add the cashews and the coconut cream, warm through and serve.

As a serving suggestion you could serve this with brown rice, homemade flatbreads, quinoa or fresh vegetables. I had mine with some roast potatoes (I'd been cooking them for the family) and some broccoli.


Comments

Popular Posts